Friday, March 8, 2013

Emilys Interview



Joe Gala (15 years old freshman in High school)
Is this a problem you think is important?  Why/ Why not?
“I think it is because there is so much going on with it lately. Now people are putting it into consideration.”
Do you think others in our community this is an important problem? Why/ why not?
“Yah, they see it on the news so much.” (Sandy hook)”
What are advantages of this policy?
“I don’t think we should have metal detectors at school. I do think that teachers should learn self-defense. I think a metal detector is overkill.”
What would you do to solve this problem?
“Each teacher should learn self-defense.”
“Students should learn more evacuations.”
Do you as a student know your classrooms evacuation?
“Yes, but it’s not that good.”
Do you feel safe at school?
“Yes.”
What does your school do to make you safe?”
“Officer Silva is at the school with a gun. We have a buzzer at the door and dead locks.”
Do you see violence at your school?
“No.”
What would you do it you did?
“Depends.”
Gun violence, I would run.

WHAT DO I THINK THIS MEANS?
            When I picked my brother to do this interview with me I thought he would be a great candidate. He is currently at the High School. He was very open with me on this topic and really gave me a lot of information to go by for my future research.
            He answered all the questions and felt very strongly about my topic. He feels that this is a big issue that is going on. When I asked him more personal questions and questions relating to his own school he seemed to know a lot. He knew about his evacuation and what was being doing to secure the school. I was very surprised by this, but I was glad to hear he knew about his schools policy on safety.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you Emily. I learned a lot about this topic and the opinions from the your brother. This interview can be a really good window for me to have a look at American academic life.--Qiaoyi Zhu

    ReplyDelete